Electronic Static Packing Bags / ESD Shielding Bag
An antistatic bag is a bag used for storing electronic components, which are prone to damage caused by ESD.
These bags are usually (PET) and have a distinctive color. Multiple layers of protection are often used to protect from both mechanical damage and electrostatic damage. A protected device can be packaged inside a metalized PET film bag, inside a pink polyethylene bubble-wrap bag, which is finally packed inside a rigid black polyethylene box lined with pink poly foam. It is important that the bags only be opened at static-free workstations.
ESD Safe Bags or Static Shielding Bags
ESD bags also known as anti electro static bags, ESD safe bags or static shielding bags are the primary method of packaging ICs, circuit boards and delicate electronic products to protect them against static electricity.
The anti static bags provide protection against ESD, suitable for packing electronic products which are sensitive to static, eg PCBs, integrated circuits, CD Drives, Hard Drives etc.
If you need a custom size or design, please contact our customer service team - we can provide you with a customized service.
Features and Benefits
- Heat seal-able or Zip lock.
- Top of the range ESD shielding.
- Various bag dimensions to suit equipment.
- Dissipative outer section, anti static interior.
- All bags are silver in colour.
- Quoted dimensions are internal sizes.
- Excellent Electrostatic Isolation Property From Outside.
- High Tensile, Anti Ultraviolet & Moisture, High Gas Barrier Function.
- Outstanding Surface Resistivity 109 - 11 ohm.
- Well laminate together with two layers of anti-static raw materials.
- Endurable puncture strength and excellence in COF property can maintain the original static resistance while in their usage.
- Available for electronic parts &finish product, main PC board, circuit board and so on.
How do Anti Static Bags Work?
The proof is in the name with these bags, they will fully protect devices from static discharges. Electrostatic discharges can be catastrophic in certain situations, and Antistatic bags are there as an option to guarantee protection. The bags are easy and convenient to use, and it's simply not worth the risk having components remain unprotected.
What is ESD?
An acronym for Electrostatic discharge, ESD is a damaging and potentially dangerous discharge of electricity which can damage sensitive equipment. Devices such as semiconductors and microchips, circuit boards, anything which uses or operates by electricity can technically be damaged.